Monday, June 11, 2007

Another Successful Day at the Gowan's

Let me ask you a question. What does "successful" mean to you? A great job, a new home, a late model car, name brand clothes? Let me tell you my definition of "successful".

~

This morning, I got up, fixed breakfast, and greeted my husband at the door with some loving. We woke the children, ate breakfast (together), cleaned up the kitchen, and loved on Daddy some more. Daddy went to bed, we picked up the rest of the house, read a couple articles on respect and honor, and started baking a loaf of bread. We cleaned up our mess from bread baking, played outside, picked up the yard, and walked 1/2 mile. Came in for lunch, cleaned up the kitchen, and went back outside to weed the garden. By the way, I put beans in the crock pot last night to soak and turned them on this morning. They are ready to eat and the bread is baked. All I have left to do is make some mac and cheese and put pork chops in the oven to bake.

~

But, now it's time for Daddy to get up. Let's go give him some more loving and make sure he knows we are glad he's awake.

~

The children have had a great day with Momma and Momma has had a great day with the children. I am so proud of them. All they want is to spend every waking moment with me (and Daddy when he is off work.) Hummm, I'm starting to think I'm quite a cool mom for them to desire my time so greatly.

~

That is a successful day in the life of Momma Gowan.

~

Blessings,

Amanda

No comments: