Friday, February 1, 2008

Proverbs 3:24

Once again, I woke up this morning to find a "pint size" me in my bed.
~
We have an old house that creates lots of noises in the still of the night. We have a bird that likes to rustle his feathers after the house is silent. Our neighbor’s shop was broken into last week. The dog barks at every coon in a two-mile radius. So, I guess I can see why my younger child would be frightened in the darkness of his room.
~
Well, that was before I read a scripture that says, "When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet." Proverbs 3:24
~
Praise God! He has all of the answers. Even when we have no clue there is a question. Don't get me wrong...I have no problem with the little tike crawling in the bed in the midst of the wee hours of the morning. However, if the reason is stemming from fear, we had to nip it in the bud.
~
If you have similar situations, I challenge you. Pray this scripture over your children each time they lay their head to slumber. God is not the author of fear and doesn’t want His children to be controlled by it. So, let’s pray the fear from our children so they will no be controlled by it any longer.
~
The only fear they need is fear of the Lord for it is the beginning of knowledge.
~
Blessings,
Amanda

No comments: