Thursday, June 18, 2009

Martha's Hands & Mary's Mind

Prayer
~
Lord of all pots and pans and
tins, since I've not time to be
A saint by doing lovely things,
or watching late with Thee,
Or dreaming in the twilight, or
storming heaven's gates,
Make me a saint by getting meals
and washing up the plates.
~
Although I must have Martha's
hands, I have a Mary mind;
And when I black the boots and
shoes, Thy sandals, Lord, I
find;
I think of how Thou trod the
earth, each time I scrub the
floor;
Accept this meditation, Lord,
I haven't time for more.
~
Warm all the kitchen with Thy
love and light it with Thy
peace;
Forgive me all my worrying and
make all grumbling cease;
Thou who didst love to give men
food ---in room or by the sea ---
Accept this service that I do,
I do it unto Thee.

Author Unknown
~
Blessings,
Amanda

No comments: