Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rainy Day Thoughts


Not that I speak concerning need, for I have learned to be content in whatever state I am.
Philippians 4:11

What a wet and muggy day out this am. I am not as delighted to have the rain this winter as there are too many outdoor projects that need finishing here on the farm. It was a bit tougher to get my son up this am with it pouring rain. It certainly puts a "damper" on things.

As for a few things I am thankful for today:

1. Clean clothes - Yesterday was such a beautiful day (65*) that my daughter washed clothes outside. All of the small children ran over to help her. They all wanted to "plunge" the clothes. It certainly was fun for them and a big help for her.

2. Wood heat -  I grew up using wood burning heater and said I'd never use one as an adult. Wow! As I look back and see the wisdom that my dad had by using wood to heat the house, I'm certainly eating my words. 

3. Dry clothes - After washing clothes yesterday, we hung them across the porch rails. However, expecting rain, we moved them inside to finish drying. The problem is that I don't have a clothes rack to hang clothes on. So I made a "make shift" clothes dryer by placing 4 long 2x2 boards across the back of 2 chairs and placed it right in front of the heater. It worked like a dream and all clothes were dry this am. 

4. My husband - My husband is the most wonderful man I know. After working his shift at work, he comes home and works another shift at the farm. That leaves him about 4 hours of sleep each day and often less than that (like last night.) I am very thankful for my dear husband.

5. Contentment - I'm so thankful that Yahweh has given me a content heart. It makes it easier to handle inconvenient situation...like having to flip pancakes with a spoon, having to walk a 1/4 mile in the rain because the vehicle is on the other side of the farm, having a dead battery on EVERYTHING because the generator was out of gas, brushing your teeth with a hosepipe...I could go on and on, but I won't. Again, I'm thankful to be content in whatever situation I find myself in. Thank you, Yah! 



6. Lastly....MUCK BOOTS!
:)








No comments: