Monday, May 14, 2007

Decluttering Day

My schedule for today was somewhat different since house sitting is not on my daily routine.

*

I was house sitting for about 5 hours, today. Afterwards, we came home and started our daily tasks.

*

CJ and I scrubbed the kitchen sink. She and I both like it to be very shiny most of the time. First, we ran a full sink on hot water with a ½ cup of bleach. We let it soak for one hour. We rinsed the sink well and gently scrubbed with a Brillo pad. We rinsed it again and wiped dry with a towel. Finally, we sprayed Windex on the sink and faucet and wiped dry with a towel for a final time.

*

Wow! That sink is so shiny. I try to keep CJ involved in all of the details of keeping the home in order for her to know how to keep her home, one day.

*

Later in the evening, she and I rearranged her bedroom. She had a set of bunk beds in her room and wanted the top off in order to have it more open feeling. We took the top bunk off and put the mattress on her bottom bunk. Now, she has a tall single bed. We put on clean sheets and pillowcases on her tall bed and cleaned up the mess we made in the process. We moved her sewing table to a more accessible location and her dresser down a bit. I am guessing she is pleased with her room; she has been in there for an hour arranging pillows.

*

I went ahead and sorted through Nick’s room while I was at it. He and I decided to get rid of tons of stuff from his room. I had a problem getting rid of things of theirs up until this week. After speaking with a friend of mine, I decided to let CJ and Nick help me decide whether or not to get rid of something they gave me. If it cost a lot or had great sentimental value to it, we kept it. If not, we tossed it. It made me feel better by getting their opinion on the items. Between both rooms, we ended up getting rid of 6 garbage bags full of things.

*

Supper, tonight, included stew, potatoes, beans, and cornbread for supper. Actually, it is the same supper we had two nights ago. I just warmed up everything; I made fresh cornbread. My family has a problem with warmed up cornbread. That’s okay with me. I just bag it up and put it in the freezer for tomorrow’s meatloaf. Oh, that just reminded me. I need to take the hamburger meat out of the freezer before I go to bed.

*

Okay, well my night is coming to an end. It’s time to go to bed. I certainly enjoy blogging and I am thankful for your interest.

*

God bless,

Amanda

No comments: