Saturday, May 26, 2007

OUR GARDEN ~ MAY 2007
Daddy tilling up between rows. (Boy was he stiff the next day.)

Daddy giving me a lesson in weeding. Potatoes need the dirt to form a mound; onions need the dirt pulled away. Who knew there was so much to gardening?

I guess someone decided to take a break.

In the end, this is what our beauty looks like all cleaned up and weeded.

We decided to put our tomato plants beside the barn instead of in the garden.

We have three rows of sweet yellow corn, one row of sweet white corn,

1/2 row of watermelon, one row of cantaloupe, 1/2 row of sweet squash,

two rows of onions, 3/4 row of potatoes, and 16 tomato plants.

I think that is great for my first garden.

I done very little canning last year, so this will be our first year canning and putting up.

I know I have a lot to learn, however I think I am well on my way.

I am still amazed at how well God provides for his children.

So, until next time, Friend. God Bless.

Love, Amanda

No comments: