Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why I Love Homemaking

This picture is of CJ and Nick playing with the homemade playdough we made.

I love homemaking because my time is my own. I dictate how my day will go and that is an awesome thing in this world. Many high paid executives do not have the freedom that I have almost every day.

I love homemaking because yeast, water, and flour make the best smell in the world!



I love homemaking because I am able to train my daughter to be a homemaker.





I love homemaking because I am able to spend time teaching my son what a wife should be.





I love homemaking because I don't have to worry about the world influencing my children.



I love homemaking because I get to decorate a corner of God's Footstool in exactly the way I like it with total creative freedom. No other
person on earth will decorate in quite the same way.


I love homemaking because my kids get to lick spoons and bowls and smile with whipped cream and sugar on their lips.


I love homemaking because I get to make my husband's favorite dessert everyday.





I love homemaking because it has given me time to figure out who I am and I don't have to be someone that I am not.





I love homemaking because I can sit and read to my children all day if I want with every pillow we own under us.


I love homemaking because my uniform is a simple apron. When I put it on I feel like my grandmother and want to do so many "homey" things for my family.


I love homemaking because I get to keep learning new things to make my home a special place for my kids and my husband. Last year I
learned to cross-stitch. (Many things from a library book!)


I love homemaking because I get to work in my garden and cut beautiful plants from it to bring into my house.


I love homemaking because I get to listen to beautiful music all day long, which causes me to think of my Savior and LORD. My work
doesn't even seem like work with Him on my mind.


I love homemaking because I get to cook some of the most wonderful food on a slim budget causing me to give thanks and praise to
Him who shows me the way.


I love homemaking because I can go to the library and check out other women's wisdom which inspires me in my own kitchen and home.


I love homemaking because I can stop my kids at any time of the day and say, "Let's pray."


I love homemaking because I can lay on my bed and have great talks with my kids about the LORD and life.


I love homemaking because I get to smell up my house with some of the best smells on earth: homemade bread, apple pie, fried
chicken, baked beans, and coleslaw. And that's just one meal!


I love homemaking because I can feel the softness of yarn flowing through my fingers as I knit an Afghan for my kitchen chair.


I love homemaking because I can sit with other women and their babies and compare struggles and trials; then come away feeling so much better to handle my own babies and struggles and trials.


I love homemaking because I can look at each room in my house as a blank canvas to paint a beautiful picture on for my family. And
slowly, here and there, I pick up the beautiful treasures at thrift shops or swap meets to make those canvases come alive with love.


I love homemaking because I create the atmosphere all day in my home. If I am at peace, they are at peace. And the King helps keep
me at peace because I have spent time at His Throne in the early morning hours learning from Him.


I love homemaking because I have permission to fail while I learn. I have granted permission to myself recently which makes me feel a
whole lot better about learning new things and not being afraid to fail.


I love homemaking because I can plan special little surprises for my husband that bring him such delight: homemade pickles that taste like Claussen's.


I love homemaking because I fill little mason jars with homemade jams and watch my kids open them in anticipation for breakfast.


I love homemaking because I can make lemon butter, scones, and devonshire cream for my daughter and all her little friends for "tea".


I love homemaking because all the little girls can dress up in hats that hang in my living room waiting for their next visit.


I love homemaking because when my kids are sick it is no inconvenience. I get to put them right to bed in their pajamas and bring them
a "tea table" with a flower, tea, and some special treat to make them smile.


I love homemaking because I get to do things with beautiful fabrics.


I love homemaking because I can gather my kids in my room if I am sick and have them take care of me or just lay next to me and play.


I love homemaking because I get to cut my kids' hair and have them sit on a special stool I designed for them. Then I get the pleasure of
looking at their hair for days knowing that I cut it.


I love homemaking because I get to scrub my floors by hand just the way my grandmother did. Then I get to tell everyone to stay off the floor
just like she did.


I love homemaking because I get to hang out my clothes on the line just the way my mother did and smell the sweet air in them when they
come back in the house.


I love homemaking because I get to stretch a budget beyond measure which gives me great joy to see so much done with so little.


I love homemaking because I get to put a fluffy feather down comforter on everyone's bed and
run them out to the clothesline on a windy day.


I love homemaking because I get to smell a freshly bathed child.


I love homemaking because I can put a fresh tablecloth on my table and transform it into a fancy restaurant with a rose in the center.


I love homemaking because there is always a new recipe to try.


I love homemaking because I can cover up "holey rugs" with beautiful handmade throw rugs that someone's grandmother probably made.


I love homemaking because I can cover up stained couches with beautiful couch covers in a rose pattern my grandmother would have worn to church.


I love homemaking because I can sit in any room in my house and it is used to its fullest. No room is for show. Every room is pleasantly occupied.


I love homemaking because no one can make me laugh like my kids.


I love homemaking because I can grab my camera and capture three muddy kids in a moment.


I love homemaking because I can take full advantage of all the seasons. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring never get by me. I enjoy each immensely.


I love homemaking because I can bring home some of the best books in the world and know they will get read.


I love homemaking because I know my kids very well and can work with them like no other.


I love homemaking because if I am sick of being inside I can go outside. And if I am sick of being
outside I can go inside.


I love homemaking because I can kiss my kids thirty times a day if I want.


I love homemaking because the weather never affects my plans to stay home.


I love homemaking because it makes me more in awe of my mother, grandmother, and favorite aunts causing me to notice their work in great detail.


I love homemaking because my kids can get really dirty and jump in the tub before anyone's the wiser.


I love homemaking because I am the " LORD's Home Servant."


I love homemaking because no one can run this home like I can. No one knows that man of mine like I do. And no one can tell you about
those kids that I live with like I can.


I love homemaking because I can watch a "Leave It to Beaver" or "Andy Griffith Show" and be inspired by June Cleaver or Aunt Bee to do a better job in my home.


I love homemaking because I have time to light candles, put on soft music, and start a fire in the fireplace.


I love homemaking because I know where my kids are, and that gives me great peace because they are beside me.


I love homemaking because I get to be HOME.


I love homemaking because God called me to this job and I love it!!!!


Love, Amanda (and Laine)
Called by God to be a Homemaker


This list has been motified from the origional version. The origional text is located on the following site:



http://www.lainesletters.com/letters/whyilovehomemaking.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i'm a home taking care of my family and myself without taking care of others...

Amanda said...

Shirley,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It sounds like you are longing to be home with your family. If that's the case, start praying now!! Ask our Heavenly Father to make a way to bring you back home. I will pray the same prayer for you.
Blessings, Amanda

Michele said...

Hi your poem on what you love about being at home really blessed me I am a home maker too.I live In Australia & have three sons.I am going to write my own and put It where I can read It,& give thanks to Yahweh.(God)
Shalom Michele.

Amanda Gowan said...

Michele,

I am glad the poem blessed you. I do pray more mothers turn their hearts to their home and comes back to it one day. May your day, week, and life be blessed to the fullest.

Blessings,
Amanda